The following was taken from the article “COVID-19 Has Changed Us – 9 Questions To Help Discover How” by Dan Reiland.
Consider the new realities…
- Some have stopped taking risks
- Some are struggling with fear.
- Some have lost their sense of joy.
- Some are experiencing unusual levels of stress in their families.
- Some are feeling distant from God.
- Some are worried about the political realities of our country.
- Some have less faith and hope.
How about you? How has COVID affected you? The following questions, if answered honestly, will help you paint a picture. You can decide if you like what you see, or if you need to make some changes.
1) Are you more tender toward people?
2) Have you become protective of what you have?
3) Are you more generous than usual?
4) Has uncertainty stolen your ability to risk?
5) Has fear quenched some of your hope?
6) Can you point to the good that God is doing?
7) Are you more intimate or more isolated?
8) Has your confidence increased or decreased?
9) Are you more resilient now?
Do you need a soul level refresh? Start by letting God carry what you can’t carry (Matthew 11:28 and 1 Peter 5:7). Take some time to reflect on your responses and decide if you are headed in the direction you want to go. Identify one or two areas where you would like to see improvement or change.