The Croy Creek Wetlands are part of the Draper Wood River Preserve in Hailey, Idaho. The entire area is accessible via the Hailey Greenway and is such a peaceful place to go for a walk. You wouldn’t know it from this picture, but this area is a reclaimed city dump. Once it was a place for refuse. Now it is a place of refuge. Psalm 9:9 echoes this beautiful word picture when it states that the Lord also will be a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. On those days when I can’t get outside, I know I can still find a place of refuge in the Lord wherever I may be. You can too!
For more encouragement, read the following verses.
- Psalm 9:9 – The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
- Psalm 14:6 – The wicked mock the hopes of the poor, but the Lord is their refuge.
- Psalm 28:8 – The Lord is their strength, and He is the saving refuge of His anointed.
- Psalm 34:8 – Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in the Lord.
- Psalm 36:7 – How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! Children take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
- Psalm 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
- Psalm 46:7 – The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
- Psalm 46:11 – The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah
- Psalm 59:16 – I will sing of Your power; Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; For You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble.
- Psalm 91:2 – I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”
- Psalm 91:9, 10 – Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place, no harm will overtake you.
- Psalm 94:22 – The Lord has been my defense, and my God the rock of my refuge.
- Psalm 141:8 – But my eyes are upon You, O God the Lord; In You I take refuge; Do not let me be harmed.
- Psalm 142:5 – I cried out to You, O Lord: I said, “You are my refuge, My portion in the land of the living.