You’ve reached our community and prayer page with public service announcements, ways to support our community, and opportunities to unite in prayer. We will do our best to keep this page updated with the latest information. Scroll down for public service links.
A note of appreciation: The Domkes did some great work recently cleaning the light fixtures and replacing the lights in the sanctuary with bright, energy saving LEDs. Marcial and Yolanda and their crew replaced the bark in front. Jeff and Daniel helped install our AC for the summer. Les and Monica donated landscaping pavers for the parsonage flower beds. Thank you! You Rock!
If you are interested in helping support Joe and Kasia in their journey to adoption, please visit their page.
SPECIAL PRAYER FOCUS
- We are setting apart the first full week of the new year as a week of prayer. Join us January 2-8, as we launch 2022 in focused prayer. See our church calendar for details.
- Participate in our Hosanna Prayer Initiative as we pray “Lord, save now!” over our valley. Pray over your neighborhood and community street by street.
- Join us in praying for our community and our country. We are using the 2 Chronicles 7:14 as our foundation verse: “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” Set aside time each morning and evening at 7:14 am/pm in seeking God on behalf of our nation.
COMMUNITY AND PUBLIC SERVICE LINKS
- Blaine County community resource links
- Sun Valley COVID-19 resources and updates
- State of Idaho COVID-19 information, updated daily
- COVID-19 travel information
- If you would like to help with relief efforts for those areas recently impacted by Hurricane Laura and the California fires, please visit our “Give” page.
- Hailey makes masks mandatory in indoor public spaces. Read the article here!
- Blaine County passes mask mandate. Read the article here!
- Our fellowship’s official statement on George Floyd, Racism, and Racial Reconciliation. To read the statement, please go here!
- Important video announcement regarding what to expect in our live services. Please note, we are offering only a 10 am service at this time. Go here to view the video.
- Church notices for live services, click here
- Protocols for Places of Worship, click here
- Idaho Stay Healthy Order, click here
- Stage 1 Protocols for Places of Worship, click here (May 1-May 15, 2020)
- Stage 1 Idaho Stay Healthy Order, click here (May 1-May 15, 2020)
- Blaine County Commissioners virtual town hall press release (April 6, 2020)
- Hailey local additions to state order to self-isolate, click here (March 30, 2020).
- To read the official Blaine County order to self-isolate, go here now.
- Help provide needed equipment and supplies through a local drive sponsored by the Blaine County Sheriff’s Department. Click here for a list of items needed.
- For ways you can do your part to slow the spread of the Coronvirus, go here!
“PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY” YARD SIGNS
In an attempt to encourage prayer for our country, yard signs are being made available upon request. This is not a political campaign, but an opportunity for all those who love our country and believe in the power of prayer to encourage others to pray for our country. If you would like a sign to place in your yard or business, please make your request using our “Contact Us!” link. These signs are available while supplies last for local residents. There is a suggested donation of $5. UPDATE: We are out of signs!
HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION CELEBRATION
Wood River High School will hold a virtual celebration of the graduating class on Facebook on Thursday, followed by a senior parade through Hailey and Bellevue. The video presentation will stream on the Wood River High School Facebook page starting at 6:30 p.m., according to the high school’s May newsletter. At 7 p.m., following the video presentation, graduating seniors will hold a parade in their cars through Hailey and Bellevue. Graduates are encouraged to decorate their cars and to meet in the Wood River High School parking lot around 6:15 or 6:30 p.m. To read the full article, go here! For the parade route, go here!
NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER
On a day when Christians across our nation come together to pray, we’d love to have you join pastors from the Wood River Valley this coming Thursday, May 7 (12:00 PM – 1:00 PM) as they come together virtually to pray for our churches, community, and world.
MORE WAYS TO PRAY!
We continue to pray for the health and well-being of our community, those most at risk, and those on the front lines, including our own local medical providers and personnel. We also are praying for wisdom for those at every level of leadership. We are setting aside time every day around the lunch hour and following the evening meal around 7 pm. You are invited to join us. If you would like us to pray for you or have a specific request, please click here now.
Visit Unite714.com for ways you can join in prayer with people from around the world and click here for weekly prayer guides.
The 2020 Census is still hiring and most positions will start in June please share this information with anyone looking for a position have them apply at 2020census.gov/jobs today. It is $16 per hour and $0.57 cents per mile, no resume needed and it is simple to apply online.
The 2020 Census is also looking for assistance from our local community members and businesses. We are asking community members to remind their customers, clients, friends, neighbors and family to complete the Census questionnaire online or by phone. Would you please post on your website or other social media any of the attached photos…since Blaine County response is one of the lowest? Any assistance for getting people in Blaine County to be counted is very much appreciated.
To complete the 2020 Census questionnaire online please go to my2020Census.gov or to complete your 2020 Census questionnaire by phone please call toll-free 1-844-330-2020.
ETHEL FLURRY CELEBRATION OF LIFE
Ethel Louise Flurry, age 86, of Bellevue, ID passed away on Sunday, April 5, 2020 at St. Luke’s Wood River Medical Center in Ketchum, ID. Visitation is at 1:30 pm (CST). A private family funeral service will be held on Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 2:00 pm (CST) from the Otts Funeral Home Chapel in Sulligent, Alabama with burial to follow in Love Joy Cemetery. Bro. James Gillentine to officiate. The funeral service will be available to watch live on Facebook by visiting the Otts Funeral Home Facebook page. The live streaming service will begin at 1 pm Idaho time. You can watch it by clicking here.
Cards and expressions of sympathy can be sent to: Esther Scott, c/o Kathy Smith, 406 Lynnfield Drive, Amory, MS 38821
Condolences and special memories may be shared with the family at: www.ottsfuneralhome.net<p value="<amp-fit-text layout="fixed-height" min-font-size="6" max-font-size="72" height="80"><strong>GOOD FRIDAY MESSAGE</strong>
BE THE LIGHT FRIDAY NIGHT
Wood River High School and Carey High School will participate with other Idaho Schools in a nationwide movement called Be The Light. At 8:20 p.m. on Friday, April 10, schools will turn on the lights at Phil Homer Field and Derrick Parke Memorial Field for 20 minutes. This is 20:20 military time to honor the class of 2020.
The stadium lights will be turned on from 8:20-8:40 p.m. to show support for our spring sport athletes, coaches, & families – as well as all students who are missing clubs, activities, drama, music and much more. The lights are a beacon to show that we are thinking of them.
NOTE: The Rock Church is encouraging everyone to take this time to remember our students, and especially the graduating class of 2020, in prayer.